Tricep Dips Machine overview
The Tricep Dips Machine is a specialized piece of equipment designed to target and strengthen the triceps, shoulders, and chest. This machine provides a guided and controlled movement, making it suitable for individuals of various fitness levels. Explore the specifications, step-by-step instructions, and variations to optimize the benefits of the Tricep Dips Machine in your upper body training routine.
The Tricep Dips Machine primarily targets the triceps, shoulders, and chest.
Tricep Dips Machine – how to perform
- Step 1: Adjust the machine to your desired settings, ensuring the handles are at an appropriate height.
- Step 2: Stand facing the machine and grip the handles with your palms facing each other.
- Step 3: Keep your elbows close to your body and shoulders in a neutral position.
- Step 4: Inhale and lower your body by bending your elbows, allowing them to move backward.
- Step 5: Descend until your upper arms are parallel to the ground or as low as your flexibility allows.
- Step 6: Exhale and push through the handles to extend your elbows, returning to the starting position.
Perform each repetition with controlled movements, focusing on the engagement of the triceps.
- Maintain a neutral spine and engage your core for stability.
- Keep your shoulders down and avoid shrugging.
- Control the descent and ascent to maximize muscle engagement.
- Use a weight or resistance that challenges you while allowing for proper form
- Machine-Assisted Tricep Dips: Adjust the machine to provide assistance if needed, especially for beginners.
- Weighted Tricep Dips Machine: Add resistance by using a weight belt or the machine’s built-in resistance.
- Tricep Dips with Knee Raise: Combine tricep dips with knee raises for an added core workout.
- Reverse Grip Tricep Dips: Change your grip to a supinated (palms facing up) position for a variation in muscle activation.