Seated Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly overview
The Seated Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly is an isolation exercise targeting the rear deltoids and upper back muscles. This movement helps improve shoulder health, posture, and upper body strength. Performing the exercise in a seated position provides stability and allows for focused engagement of the targeted muscles. Explore the specifications, step-by-step instructions, and variations to optimize the benefits of the Seated Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly in your strength training routine.
The Seated Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly primarily targets the rear deltoids and upper back muscles.
Seated Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly – how to perform
- Step 1: Sit on a bench or chair with a dumbbell in each hand, knees slightly bent, and feet flat on the floor.
- Step 2: Hold the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing each other) and allow your arms to hang down in front of you.
- Step 3: Bend forward at the hips, maintaining a flat back and allowing your chest to come close to your thighs.
- Step 4: Keep your core engaged, chest up, and maintain a neutral spine.
- Step 5: With a slight bend in your elbows, lift the dumbbells out to the sides, leading with your elbows.
- Step 6: Lift until your arms are parallel to the ground or slightly above shoulder height.
- Step 7: Lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position with control.
Perform each repetition with controlled movements, focusing on the engagement of the rear deltoids and upper back muscles.
- Use a weight that allows you to maintain proper form and control throughout the movement.
- Keep a slight bend in your elbows to avoid unnecessary stress on the joints.
- Control the descent of the dumbbells to maximize muscle engagement.
- Maintain a neutral spine and avoid rounding your back during the exercise.
- Standing Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly: Perform the exercise while standing for a different stability challenge.
- Incline Bench Dumbbell Reverse Fly: Use an incline bench to change the angle of the movement.
- Cable Reverse Fly: Utilize a cable machine for constant tension throughout the movement.
- Prone Dumbbell Reverse Fly: Perform the exercise lying face down on an incline bench for a unique variation.