One-Arm Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench overview
The One-Arm Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench is a targeted forearm exercise that focuses on the muscles responsible for wrist extension. This variation is performed with a reverse grip, emphasizing the brachioradialis and extensor muscles. Explore the specifications, step-by-step instructions, and variations to optimize the benefits of the One-Arm Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench in your forearm training routine.
The One-Arm Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench primarily targets the brachioradialis and extensor muscles of the forearm.
One-Arm Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench – how to perform
- Step 1: Sit on one end of a flat bench with a dumbbell in one hand.
- Step 2: Rest your forearm on the bench, ensuring your hand and wrist hang over the edge with a reverse grip (palms facing down).
- Step 3: Allow the dumbbell to roll down to the fingertips.
- Step 4: Inhale and curl the dumbbell upward by flexing your wrist, bringing your knuckles towards your forearm.
- Step 5: Hold the contracted position for a brief moment, feeling the contraction in your brachioradialis and extensor muscles.
- Step 6: Exhale and slowly lower the dumbbell back down, allowing your fingertips to uncurl.
Perform each repetition with controlled movements, focusing on the engagement of the forearm muscles.
- Maintain a neutral wrist position throughout the movement.
- Control the descent and ascent of the dumbbell to maximize muscle engagement.
- Use a weight that challenges you while allowing for proper form.
- Perform the exercise with a smooth and controlled motion.
- Seated One-Arm Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench: Perform the exercise while seated for added stability and focus.
- Alternating One-Arm Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench: Perform the exercise in an alternating fashion, focusing on one arm at a time.
- Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over Bench (Both Arms): Perform the exercise with both arms simultaneously for bilateral forearm engagement.
- Wrist Roller Exercise: Use a wrist roller device to target the forearms in a dynamic and continuous manner.