EZ Bar Curl overview
The EZ Bar Curl is a popular variation of the traditional barbell curl that targets the biceps while providing a more comfortable grip. The EZ bar, with its curved design, reduces wrist strain and allows for different hand positions. Explore the specifications, step-by-step instructions, and variations to optimize the benefits of the EZ Bar Curl in your arm training routine.
The EZ Bar Curl primarily targets the biceps.
EZ Bar Curl – how to perform
- Step 1: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding an EZ bar with an underhand grip, hands placed on the curved grips.
- Step 2: Allow the EZ bar to hang at arm’s length in front of you, arms fully extended.
- Step 3: Inhale and curl the EZ bar toward your shoulders, emphasizing the contraction of the biceps.
- Step 4: Keep your upper arms stationary and elbows close to your torso throughout the movement.
- Step 5: Hold the contracted position for a brief moment, feeling the engagement in the biceps.
- Step 6: Exhale and lower the EZ bar back to the starting position, fully extending your arms.
Perform each repetition with controlled movements, focusing on the contraction of the biceps.
- Maintain a straight back and engaged core throughout the movement.
- Keep your upper arms stationary to isolate the biceps.
- Control the descent and ascent of the EZ bar to maximize muscle engagement.
- Use a weight that challenges you while allowing for proper form.
- Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curl: Perform the exercise with a reverse grip to target different parts of the biceps.
- Alternating Dumbbell Curl: Curl one arm at a time to focus on each bicep individually.
- Seated EZ Bar Curl: Perform the exercise while seated to minimize body sway and increase focus on the biceps.
- Close Grip EZ Bar Curl: Place your hands closer together on the EZ bar for a variation in grip and muscle activation.